It’s October time- we all know what that means! Pumpkin Spice Lattes, turtlenecks, pumpkins, hot chocolate, and Halloween costumes!
If you’re a mom-to-be and you have a bit of a bump (as I’m sure most of you do!) here are some adorable DIY Halloween ideas to dress you and your future bundle of joy!
- Where’s Waldo.
For mom- red and white striped t-shirt, black glasses, blue jeans (or leggings if it is more comfortable), white felt and red felt for making the hat, red pom-pom (or a white and red ski cap with a pom-pom)
For belly-Red and white felt scraps, white card stock, black marker, hot glue gun, safety pin, tape
- Cut out the white card stock paper into a glasses shape and outline the glasses and draw eyes with black marker.
- Paste them onto the striped t shirt where your bump will be and make a white and red ski hat with a pom-pom and paste it right above the glasses. The little waldo should be on top of your belly.
- Wait for shirt to dry and put on with black jeans, black glasses, and your Where’s Waldo hat.
Voila! you found Waldo!
- 2. Bump in the Road.
For Mom/ belly- black long sleeve t shirt, black jeans, white scotch tape, yellow scotch tape, toy car, hot glue gun.
- Make two parallel lines with white scotch tape on your black shirt over where your belly will be.
- In the middle of the two white lines use your yellow tape and make five short lines going across your belly area.
- Then hot glue gun the toy card in the middle of the ‘road’.
You’re wearing a bump!
- 8-Ball Pool Girl.
This is a super easy one and will take five to ten minutes.
Black t shirt, white felt, black felt, hot glue gun, black jeans
- Cut the white felt into a medium sized circle
- Cut the black felt into an 8
- Then glue the white circle onto the area in the tshirt where your bump would be
- Glue the 8 in the center.
- Gumball Machine
Materials: white long sleeve t shirt, red beret, red leggings/ pants or skirt, colorful pom-poms, black marker, white piece of paper
- Draw a medium sized circle on the area of your shirt where your bump will be.
- Glue the colorful pom-poms to the circle and completely fill it up. It should look like a round circle of gumballs.
- Take the white piece of paper and write 25 cents on it.
- Wait for your shirt to dry, put on the shirt, leggings, and beret.
- Lastly attach the paper to the bottom of your shirt.
Here you go- sweet as candy!
- Cat and yarn.
Materials: Balck unitard or black long sleeve shirt, black leggings, black face paint, cat ears (or black pipe cleaners and a headband to fashion into cat ears), a spool of colored yarn, hot glue gun
- Unspool the yarn and cut it into pieces around the size of your arm from finger to shoulder.
- Draw a circle on your t shirt where your bump would be and glue gun the yarn into the circle until the middle is completely covered with the colored yarn.
- Leave some pieces of yarn hanging down but make sure most of the pieces are curled to resemble a ball of yarn.
- Wait until dry.
- Put on the shirt and leggings.
- Draw whiskers on your cheeks and put on your cat ears.
There you go- cat got your tongue?
6.Kangaroo and baby costume.
Materials: Brown t shirt, brown felt, baby kangeroo stuffed animal, sewing kit or hot glue gun, mouse ears or headband and brown pieces of card stock to fashion ears from, black facepaint, white facepaint
- Cut the piece of felt into a half circle and glue gun (or sew) it into a pocket on the area on your t shirt where your bump will be. Leave the top open.
- While it is drying cut out mouse looking ears from brown card stock and glue them onto your headband.
- Put on your t shirt and place the stuffed animal in the pouch.
- Apply face make up- draw whiskers and line your lips.
What an Aussie beauty!