The perfect answer to “what should I make for dinner tonight?” (a.k.a., every night) – these easy, one-pan steak fajitas! Dial the spices up or down and feel free to substitute chicken, shrimp or even portobello mushrooms for the steak – it’s all good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each red, yellow and orange pepper, trimmed, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 pound flank steak, grilled to medium-rare and thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Warmed tortillas, grated cheddar cheese, lime wedges and sour cream for serving
Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat till hot but not smoking. Add the peppers and red onion and saute for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the corn and steak to the pan, along with the chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Combine ingredients well and stir till heated through. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve fajitas with tortillas, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and lime wedges.