Chimichurri is an easy, flavorful, slightly spice sauce that whips up in your blender or food processor and can be used in almost any dish!
A spicier twist on pesto, chimichurri has a parsley base (so you can make it all year round) and is dairy-free too. You can adjust the heat up or down to suit your preference and we love it on this simple steak salad!
Chimichurri Steak Salad:
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley (with stems)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, generously seasoned with salt and pepper
mixed baby greens
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella balls, halved
Combine parsley, oregano, and garlic in processor; blend 10 seconds. Add oil, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce to taste; blend until almost smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pre-heat grill or broiler. Cook steak to desired doneness; transfer to work surface and let rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain.
Divide greens among plates. Top with steak and mozzarella. Drizzle dressing over; season with salt and pepper.