A lighter – yet no less delicious – take on traditional chicken salad!
This main course salad comes together quickly and easily, with just a handful of simple ingredients!
A quick dressing of fresh lemon juice and fruity extra-virgin olive oil provides brightness and flavor.
Ripe avocados stand in for mayo to provide a creamy texture, and lots of fresh corn provides crunch in place of the usual celery!
Chicken Avocado Salad:
- 1 large lemon, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ears corn, grilled till nicely charred
- 2 ripe avocados
Juice the lemon into a large bowl. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil and continue to whisk till ingredients are emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Add the herbs and chicken and toss to coat. Cut the kernels from the corn cobs and add to the bowl. Halve and pit the avocadoes, cube and add as well. Gently toss to coat, adjust seasoning if needed and serve immediately.
Note: if making in advance, hold off on cutting and adding the avocados till just before serving, to avoid browning.