Just six simple ingredients are needed to make these easy, healthy “berry bites”!
Good-for-you snacks aren’t always crave-worthy, but we guarantee that these naturally sweet treats will satisfy – with zero guilt!
These bites are also vegan, sugar free AND gluten free (just be sure to use certified GF oats).
We used raspberries here, but you can substitute any berry you like – and it’s a great way to use up any leftover berries you may have in the fridge. Even better? This recipe works just as well with frozen berries too!
Berry Energy Bites:
- 4 ounces raspberries, fresh or frozen (see Notes, below)
- 2 cups soft pitted dates
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips (see Notes, below)
Place the raspberries, dates, cashews, walnuts and oats in a food processor, and pulse till the nuts are finely ground (do not blend or over process). Use a tablespoon to scoop mounds onto a parchment-lined sheet pan, and refrigerate till firm. Clean out the processor bowl and blade.
Place the coconut chips in the processor and pulse till broken down – transfer to a bowl.
Roll the chilled bites in the coconut chips and return to the sheet pan. Keep chilled till ready to serve, and store in the fridge in a covered container.
1. If using frozen berries you don’t need to thaw them, and the bites will be cold enough to roll in the coconut chips without chilling first.
2. If you don’t have coconut chips you can substitute with unsweetened flaked coconut.